We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valley of the Moon and Uyuni

Save Topic
Valley of the Moon and Uyuni

I'm hoping to be in San Pedro de Atacama mid February and have only 4 or 5 days before I need to be in La Paz.

Does anyone know I'd there are any tours leaving SPA arriving in La Paz which cover the Valley of the Moon and Uyuni salt flats?

Thanks!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,719 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valley of the Moon and Uyuni

Hi,

The Valley of the Moon you can do in a couple of hours from SPA. For Uyuni, it will take about 3 days, and then you can bus or fly to La Paz.

You are not giving SPA much time. I spent 4 nights there, and wasn't bored.

Try googling for tour operators in SPA - there are several, and almost all can arrange the Uyuni trip (as well as all the local ones).

Save Reply
2. Re: Valley of the Moon and Uyuni

Thanks for the info!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valley of the Moon and Uyuni

im also planning a trip to atacama for about 3 nights, then somehow getting to uyuni for another 3 nights. we are planning to go in march. my main goal of travel is to get photos of the uyuni reflections. because of my time limitations, i am thinking of flying from atacama(calama) to la paz, then to uyuni. because i'm not taking the 4x4 will i be missing a lot? thank you,

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valley of the Moon and Uyuni

There won't be flights from Calama to La Paz. You could take the three day tour from San Pedro de Atacama ending in Uyuni and go to La Paz from there. There is also a bus from Calama to Uyuni, it is a long trip, and do a tour from Uyuni to the salt flats. But taking the tour from SPA would be the best use of your time.

5. Re: Valley of the Moon and Uyuni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:17