We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation

Hi....im planning a vacation to peru and chile for about 15 days. I would spend 9-10 days in peru so just have 4-5 days for chile. Just wanted to know what places i could visit in this short time and im looking mostly at northern part of chile due to lack of time. Also about the travel from peru to chile by bus.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation

You have a very short time to visit both Perú and Chile. You certainly don't have time for buses without eating up a couple of days of your time.. What time of year would you be coming? Are you flying out of Lima or Santiago at the end of the trip?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation

I'm thinking of going to Peru 1st n then Chile...I know its less time so that's y I thought I'll just see some places in north Chile...I heard there are buses from Arequipa to get to Chile...so just wanted to know about transportation n places to visit

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation

A bus from Arequipa to Tacna takes 6-7 hours. You then cross the border to Arica, the best option being a colectivo, a shared taxi and should take under two hours. That puts you in the northernmost point of Chile. If you want to continue to any other point, San Pedro de Atacama for instance, you would take another bus out of Arica. That would take about 10 hours. There are things to do in Arica without going much further south.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Arica

4. Re: Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 05:18