We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chile car rental National/Alamo?

Landisville...
Level Contributor
489 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Chile car rental National/Alamo?

I just read so many posts about rental cars in Chile. This will be our 1st car rental in Chile and we need an automatic. I am staying away from Alamo after reading the various posts. I see National has some decent rates. I thought I saw a post that they are connected??? Any feedback on them? Any recommendations for an automatic with a pick up and drop off at the airport? Budget Car Rental was the next less expensive I found. Also, we had not planned to bring/use our cell. Do the cars come with one? Are tolls included in the rental?? Thanks again.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,548 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chile car rental National/Alamo?

They are the same thing. There are other companies with desks at the airport.

aeropuertosantiago.cl/english/medios-de-tran…

There is a day charge to cover the tolls on the urban highways in and around Santiago but not other tolls outside that. I think someone mentioned a company which supplied a mobile phone but I can's remember which one. Usually they do not.

Automatics are not that common in Chile and renting them always costs more.

Landisville...
Level Contributor
489 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chile car rental National/Alamo?

Hello DM and thank you. Glad to know National and Alamo are the same. I guess I will look at Budget. It is about $150 more. I did see some posts about Lys so will check them also. THank you.

3. Re: Chile car rental National/Alamo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:19