We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four weeks in Chile - Itinerary advice

London
Level Contributor
376 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Four weeks in Chile - Itinerary advice

Hello!

I am planning a trip to Chile next year from 15th March to 12th April.

The first part is organised, we are heading straight down to Patagonia and have a program in Torres del Paine, finishing in Puerto Natales on 22nd March.

My plan (which I am now reconsidering) was then to fly from Punta Arenas to Puerto Montt on 23rd March, and spend time in Chiloe and then the Lake District and then vineyards south of Santiago, self-driving, before flying from Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama on 4th April (so that's 11 full days of exploring), and then spending four days in the Atacama, and a three day trip to the salt flats in Bolivia, before returning to Santiago to fly out on 12th April.

BUT I have now decided I'd really like to fit in La Serena and the Elqui valley if possible. What do you think? I was thinking I could cut out maybe one day in the Atacama and a couple in the lake district, and fly from Santiago to La Serena, and hire a car there, and then fly La Serena to Antofagasta and get the bus to San Perdo. (As it doesn't seem you can fly La Serena to Calama other than via Santiago).

I like beautiful scenery, walking, relaxing. I've been a bit put off SPA by what I've read about

how touristy and busy it is, hence thinking about cutting a day there. Also we're not on a luxury budget and mid-range options seem pretty limited there.

All comments and thoughts gratefully received!

Any thoughts

Rome, Italy
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Four weeks in Chile - Itinerary advice

Hi Debbie:

Check out this website www.chiletraveltours.com . I travelled with them last year and everything was perfect.

I think they will be able to help you

By the way, I visited Patagonia, Lake District, Atacama, Easter Island and Santiago.

Good luck

2. Re: Four weeks in Chile - Itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 06:18