We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel at or near Santiago airport

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel at or near Santiago airport

Could anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive hotel ($75-100 or so single) near the airport for late October between inbound flight and LAN flight to Rapa Nui next morning and a central hotel for two days in town in early November. Gracias!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
122 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel at or near Santiago airport

Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel was a great boutique hotel in Providencia. Tasteful, safe and affordable. I highly recommend it. The Bellavista neighborhood is a nice area you might want to look into as well.

I'm not sure about inexpensive hotels near the airport (I only looked at airport hotels, which were fairly expensive, though the Hilton was very, very nice). My husband and I landed at Santiago airport at around 9:30 p.m. and were supposed to fly out the next morning at 6, but because of the extraordinarily long lines to check in, we actually decided to forgo our hotel reservation for that night and just hang out in the airport. We saved a considerable amount of money and stress (finding transportation to and from the airport for only a few hours sleep didn't make sense). We found a quiet place to nap, and we were very happy with that decision. If you are flying in late, flying out early, you might want to consider this option.

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel at or near Santiago airport

Thanks for the advice. I have 13 hours between 8 pm and 9.15 am so I thought a hotel might be wise or I'll be zonked when I get to Rapa Nui the next afternoon. Is taxi into town expensive? and is the hotel you recommend central to the sites one would like to visit like the museums?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel at or near Santiago airport

If you take a transfer, a shared van, which will drop you at any address you want, it will be considerably cheaper than a taxi for one person. You can order the same transport to return to the airport the next day. There is small discount for a return ticket, although you should get your lodging to confirm for you.

4. Re: Hotel at or near Santiago airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 06:20