We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs Santiago airport

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs Santiago airport

Hi all, needing to know if any atm machines in Santiago airport give you the choice of withdrawing cash in US$ or only pesos. Or perhaps Puerto Montt airport (might be a stretch!)?? Any help appreciated, thanks in advance :-D

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs Santiago airport

ATMs in Chile only dispense Chilean pesos.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs Santiago airport

Ok Molly, thank you.

vai
southern cal
Level Contributor
317 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs Santiago airport

Is there an ATM closse to the car rental area at the SCL International Terminal? Need pesos for gas, tolls and FOOD as we drive to Santa Cruz from the airport.

Thanks for the help you gave me when I asked some driving questions!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs Santiago airport

I can't remember where they all are but there are definitely some on the arrivals level. I seem to remember one to the right as you exit customs and the car rental counters are to the left.

vai
southern cal
Level Contributor
317 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATMs Santiago airport

Gracias por su ayuda!

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ATMs Santiago airport

FYI, all the ATMs at the airport will charge a per use fee. I have posted previously on the banks or card/bank combos that do not charge this Chile-side fee specifically for US banking persons.

I would get what I need at SCL to get out of Santiago, then use a CIrrus network card from a US bank that charges no per use fee and a 1% or less foreign exchange fee at a Chile Banco Estado ATM machine.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 01:38
7. Re: ATMs Santiago airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:17