We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago chile

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Santiago chile

I am going to be in Santiago from November 13-17. I was wondering if anybody could suggest things that are a must see and maybe day trips from Santiago that would include a day at the beach and winery tours. Thank you.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiago chile

Some suggestions Cerro San Cristobal, Museo Precolombino, the Plaza de Armas and the Mercado Central and the Feria de Artesania Los Dominicos. You can arrange tours to wineries and to Valparasio and Viña del Mar from any hotel.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santiago chile

Beach trip is about 2 hours by bus from Santiago to Vina (better beach than Valpo). Do overnight to see both. Too much for a day trip. Try not to miss either. Bus is inexpensive... I recall paying about $30 one way fir a couple.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santiago chile

There are busses to Vina and Valpo every 30 min leaving from Santiago and they cost as little as $3. There is no reason to pay more than $10 one way. Vina is a better beach. Valpo is an incredible culture to see (but put your walking shoes on) I recommend staying there at least one night if you want to see both. Valpo also has an amazing nightlife.

4. Re: Santiago chile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:17