We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to visit in Chile

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What to visit in Chile

Hi,

I will arrive at the Santiago airport on the 9.12.2013 and I plan to stay for 5 weeks. The last 3 weeks I want to learn spanish in Santiago or in Valparaiso. I tend to like valparaiso more. Do you know a good institut to learn Spanish (and maybe salsa too) there?

Could you recommend an itinerary for 2 weeks (except for Santiago and Valparaiso)? Should I head to north or to the south?

Thank you!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to visit in Chile

It depends on what you like. What do you like? Mountains? Volcanoes? Desert? Glaciers????

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to visit in Chile

O well, I have never been on close to a volcanoes, desert or glaciers, so I want to give it a try.

I like tracking, but it should not be too exhausting. At the end, I am more a runner that a tracker. I will travel alone, so the safety is important for me.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to visit in Chile

Try Torres del Paine for trekking. A beautiful National Park. Fly to Punta Arenas and then bus to Puerto Natales.

Then fly to Calama in the north and go to San Pedro de Atacama for deserts and volcanoes.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to visit in Chile

Thank you. And if I am interesed more in people, in seeing the culture?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to visit in Chile

For people then spend some time at one of the resorts there is a large choice from more traditional beach places such as Viña del Mar to lakes, rivers and volcanos at Pucon and Villarica to the south. Or spend some days on the Island of Chiloe with its unique culture. The best Spanish courses are given at the Goethe Institute in Santiago.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to visit in Chile

For people, I would suggest Santiago. About 7m people there; nearly a third of the country.

7. Re: What to visit in Chile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:19