We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reciprocity fee

Montville, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Reciprocity fee

We are taking a cruise from Argentina to Valpresso and leaving from Santiago next day. Will we be paying the reciprocity fee?

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reciprocity fee

No. Only charged when entering Chile at SCL airport.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reciprocity fee

Slightly off topic, but I have a question about the reciprocity fee at SCL too.. I'm a Canadian arriving into Santiago but directly carrying on to IPC (Easter Island) the same day. As Easter Island is a part of Chile, do I have to pay the fee? Also, the fees always seem to be written in USD.. Am I able to pay this fee in Chilean Pesos, or only USD? Is it cash only?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,261 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reciprocity fee

You pay the fee when you enter Chile at SCL. The flight to Easter Island is a domestic flight. within Chile You can pay with your credit card or US dollars. There was feedback from two people that they paid with Chilean pesos, but not really sure about that. Mastercard and Visa are the most accepted cards here and they have a 4 digit pin if you want to get $ from an ATM.

4. Re: Reciprocity fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:15