We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning two week trip to Chile and Easter Island

Kentucky
Level Contributor
88 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Planning two week trip to Chile and Easter Island

I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Chile and would like advice and input on what NOT to miss given the limited time frame. Easter Island is a must for me and I plan on staying there 3-4 nights. I realize the country is quite large so would welcome any suggestions on what else we could/should plan on doing. Thanks so much!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,376 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning two week trip to Chile and Easter Island

Get five people in a room and you will get five opinions on what not to miss. It helps to know what time of year you would come - ski or swim - and what you have read about that interests you. Teetotalers won't want to visit vineyards and the elderly won't want to go trekking.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
88 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning two week trip to Chile and Easter Island

good point - thank you! I'm thinking about April (how is the weather?). We love wine, culture and prefer nature to the big city. Could do some light hiking but my husband isn't up for heavy trekking. I suspect that getting to the southern part of the country should require a second trip so (unless I'm wrong) perhaps in central or northern areas near Santiago?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,376 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning two week trip to Chile and Easter Island

April would be a good time to visit the north. You could go as far as La Serena and then up into the Elqui valley for some sun. Or you could go further north (this would involve a short flight) to San Pedro de Atacama. It makes a nice combination with Easter Island as they are so different. Just south of Santiago is the Colchagua valley where you can visit some excellent vineyards and eat well. It depends how many days you have.

4. Re: Planning two week trip to Chile and Easter Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:18