We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with webpay.cl

Winne2
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with webpay.cl

One of the hotels that we have selected wants us to pay for the first night using webpay.cl

Unfortunately, it is only in Spanish and I have a problem translating/ guessing how to fill in some of the entries. I would appreciate if someone could take a look and tell me what to fill in here:

"Identificación del Pago:" (= Payment ID) = which ID?

"Rut:" no clue what this means.

Thanks!

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with webpay.cl

Do you have a choice between "Tarjeta de Credito" and "RedCompra" when you get to the WebPay portal?

Winne2
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with webpay.cl

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have not gone that far yet but I have contacted the hotel and asked what the ID number is. Only numbers or letters can be entered.

I hope that I can leave the "Rut" entry empty.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 22:48
Winne2
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with webpay.cl

I am posting this follow up just in case someone else needs to use webpay.cl in the future.

Since I posted my question I found out that RUT is apparently a tax identification used by residents for financial transactions. While I did not pursue to use webpay to pay a deposit to the hotel I ran into it when I tried to buy tickets on the web for the Sotramin ferry between Puerto Ibanez and Chile Chico. Despite filling in all the required info correctly on the Sotramin web site when transferred to webpay.cl for payment it would not accept my US VISA or Mastercard credit cards. Fortunately the staff at the Hotel Lago Tyndall was aware of that problem and they were kind enough to complete the transaction using a credit card issued in Chile.

Later when trying to pay for toll charges to enter Santiago on Route 5 webpay.cl refused my VISA card but on the spur of the moment I tried again using my AmEx card and that one was accepted. Go figure!

Edited: 02 December 2014, 05:41
4. Re: Need help with webpay.cl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2015, 05:16