We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and clothing

Round Hill
10 posts
Save Topic
Weather and clothing

We will be visiting the Santiago and Atacama area at the beginning of September. I have seen references to it being winter in September, but when I look at the forecast the temps are supposed to be in the low 60s/high 70s. Maybe because I'm Canadian, I do not consider that winter weather. Do I really need to pack any cold weather clothing?

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,130 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and clothing

The days should be warm in Santiago during the day but you still need a jacket of some sort in the evening (maybe Canadians don't!). Day and night temps can vary a lot in Santiago. In San Pedro de Atacama the nights can be very cold all year even if it is nice and warm during the day. Tomorrow's high and low in San Pedro, for instance, are 24C and 2C. Sorry, I don't understand fahrenheit.

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,760 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and clothing

By Canadian standards winter does not exist in Chile. However, there is a great daily range in temperature so bring some warm clothing, but you will not need a parka.

Round Hill
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and clothing

Great! Thanks for your replies!

4. Re: Weather and clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:17