We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone suggest a good fly fishing lodge?

FL, USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can someone suggest a good fly fishing lodge?

My father in law and I are trying to get together a trip to Chile to do some fly fishing. I am seeking suggestions on nice but not too expensive fly fishing lodges. We are open to pretty much any location, as long as the fishing is good and the scenery is spectacular! Booking a trip through an agancy here in the states is unnecesarily expensive. As we speak spanish, I would like to try and contact the lodge directly. We do not need a top-of the line lodges, but would like nice clean rooms.

Any suggestions and direct contact information would be greatly appreciated!

Alaska
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone suggest a good fly fishing lodge?

Hi fellow fishers,

If you really want a comfortable place with great food in a remote area away from the busy streams near Coyhaique, you should definitely consider La Posada de los Farios lodge on the Rio Cisnes. Rex Bryngelson runs the lodge with his family and the atmosphere is relaxed and homey. Plus the Rio Cisnes and the surrounding lakes offer an amazing variety of fishing options. Not to mention the excursions to the coastal fjords for sea-run fish. This is just an all around great place and I plan to return again soon.

John

http://www.chilepatagonia.com

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone suggest a good fly fishing lodge?

On our recent trip to Chile we stumbled upon a wonderful "Hosteleria" near Llifen in Lago Ranco. I'm not a fly-fisherman myself but the stay there definitely inspired me to become one! It's called Chollinco and we found it in the Footprint guide to Chile. It's beautifully located at the foot of the river and surrounded by mountains. Aside from fly-fishing there were also possibilities to do horseback riding, canopy, kayaking, etc. Accommodation was in simple but tasteful cabins and meals served in the main lodge(prices were for full pension) were wonderful. Your contact there is Don Miguel.

3. Re: Can someone suggest a good fly fishing lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 11:22