We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

London, UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

I have been trying for nearly 2 weeks now to arrange a 2-day lake crossing of the Andes with the Cruce de Lagos company. Their websites are extremely unhelpful. Online requests for information were ignored. None of the telephone numbers they provided worked. When I finally received a response to a reservation request they sent two sets of details, one in Spanish and the other in English, which did not tally. I then sent all my details (including credit card details) and asked them to confirm my reservation, but have received no reply, Telephone enquiries to a further telephone numbers have drawn a blank.

If only they didn't have the monopoly on this route!

Am I naive and foolish to try to book this trip direct? Should I have gone through an agency? Should I now try to do just that, even though the Compnay may well have processed my original request and not seen fit to get back to me? Anyone else had problems with this company?

If anyone from Cruce de Lagos is reading this, perhaps they can instruct someone (who speaks English) to make contact with me and put my fears that they are going to spoil my holiday to rest

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

Hi

I suggest you to book this trip through an agency.

If you live in London, i suggset to go to JLA (Journey Latin America) they are experts on Southamerica and in case of any problem they have a very good customer service.

The rate they will charge will be exactly the same tha if you book it directly.

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

We have arranged the same trip on our own and found a wonderful company Turismo Ayacara Chile ( turismo@ayacara.cl)

We have been corresponding back and forth without a problem.

There is a "however" and that is that we are fully fluent in Spanish.

But their website is in English so maybe they are bilingual. I'm sure that by now you've been taken care of but maybe this will help someone else.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

My parents just came back from making the "cruce de los lagos" and they did not need to make a reservation ahead of time. They just showed up in Puerto Varas the day before and went to buy the tickets for the next day (a Monday). So this could be your Plan "B". It did not seem like a big deal to show up there and buy on the spot.

I do understand if you feel more comfortable booking it with anticipation.

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

i have not personally done this crossing via water, but rather from Osorno to Bariloche, but what i read in another post in this forum was a comment that the hotel is a disappointment and it is better to simply get the full day crossing without lodging.

5. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2007, 13:30
Saddleworth
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

I am embarking upon a trip from Argentina into Chile and was hoping to use the Three Lakes Crossing, but your comments are worrying.

Was this issue ever resolved and did you book the crossing direct or through an agent?

7. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2007, 13:30
Seattle
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

Can someone please post the address in Puerto Montt where the boat departs towards Bariloche? We booked a trip through a company called Gotolatin and got e-vouchers, but STILL don't have the departure address despite numerous email requests over the past three weeks of correspondence with this company.

PUERTO VARAS
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

the lake crossing depart from Antonio Varas Sreeet 437(Andina del Sud office), next to vicente perez rosales hotel. you have to be there at 07:30 hs.a big bus (turistur)will stop there til 08:45 hs.

10. Re: Trouble with Cruce de Lagos company

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 18:18