We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Crossing- Start in Chile or in Argentina?

Which Los Lagos Region hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod, Mass.
Level Contributor
58 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Crossing- Start in Chile or in Argentina?

Am in the process of putting together a group to Chile and Argentina for next year, which will include stays in B. A. , Bariloche, and Santiago, plus some overnights during the Lake crossing. Is there an advantage to starting in Argentina rather than Chile, or doesn't it matter? I have us flying into B.A.and continuing on, but I just double-checked the airfare ,and it's cheaper to fly into Santiago and start our trip in Chile, it would seem. Just wondered if anyone out there had a preference as to which direction to go in,and why? Thanks in advance!

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Crossing- Start in Chile or in Argentina?

Mmmmh good question.

I think it doesn't really matter where will you begin, but maybe is good fpr you to know that the chilean side of the Lake Crossing is much nicer than the argentinian side.

But Bariloche is a much greater city then P. Varas in my opinion.

Better hotels, bars and a lot of things to do.

2. Re: Lake Crossing- Start in Chile or in Argentina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:19