We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pucon to Mendoza best route

Which Pucon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Pucon to Mendoza best route

Hi, cant anyone help me, i need to get from Pucon to Mendoza in about 2 weeks time , i didnt really want to go via santiago.

Thanks

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pucon to Mendoza best route

The only reasonable route is through Santiago.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pucon to Mendoza best route

You can catch a bus across the border to San Martin de los Andes, where you can catch another bus (or possibly stay on the same bus) to Neuquen. From there, you can take another bus all the way to Mendoza.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pucon to Mendoza best route

Taking the bus from Junin de los Andes or San Martin de los Andes after crossing from Pucon really isn't a good option. It would be an extremely long and tiring journey. I've done it and wouldn't do it again.

If you take an overnight Turbus bus from Pucon to Santiago you will arrive at their own bus station early in the morning and can get a bus to Mendoza directly from there. The Turbus office in Pucon will have schedules for the Santiago to Mendoza portion but the first bus is usually at 7.50 and another at 8.30.

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pucon to Mendoza best route

Thanks all, just booked teh Turbis from Pucon to Santiago to connec at 7.50am to Mendoza. looks like i would save alot of time.

OK well off to climb the volcano now... Bye

5. Re: Pucon to Mendoza best route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 00:17