We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Dinner

CA
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Dinner

It's the bane of tourists travelling on Christmas day. The recommended TA restaurants I checked are not open for business.

Any suggestions for decent local/Chilean food available for dinner - and maybe lunch - that day? I'd rather avoid tourist hotel options which are likely to be a poor value given the captive audience. Thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Dinner

I was once in Chile for Xmas eve, it was not in Puerto Varas but in a smaller town, Cochrane, and we didn't find ANY restaurant open. Some gorcery stores were well open.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,542 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Dinner

There is bound to be something open on Christmas Eve but probably closing early, probably around 9. Christmas here is celebrated by families on the evening of the 24th. The 25th would be more difficult as it is an obligatory holiday, workers have to be given the day off and families will be sleeping in and resting. Then hotels may be your only option. There is a frequent poster on here who lives in the area and he may be able to offer more help.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Dinner

Be prepared to eat in your hotel. Most restaurants don't open on Sunday, let alone xmas day.

4. Re: Christmas Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17