We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will you help me with ideas for trip?

Which Puerto Varas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama USA
Level Contributor
244 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Will you help me with ideas for trip?

I planned this trip back in 2008 and had to cancel, now we plan to do it in Jan. or Feb. After 2 days in Santiago fly to Puerto Montt and taxi up to Puerto Vallas, we have about 8 days before we have to fly out of Bariloche to Buenos Aires. We donot care to tour every day, just sit back and relax. We want to take the bus to Bariloche, how long does that take? read different times, and which route does it take so I can follow it on Google map.. Would you suggest a neat place to stop on the way for a couple nights. If bus goes thru Osorno, and if I remember right Puyehue was suppose to be nice. Any thoughts on what we should do in route please let me know, Thanks Danny and Kay

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
792 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will you help me with ideas for trip?

I think you mean Puerto Varas.

I am not sure about the connection to Bariloche but I do suggest that you hire a car from Puerto Vara and visit Chiloe island and stay 2 nights there. It is really special. The UNESCO World Heritage wooden churches all over Chiloe are fabulous but there is more to see and take in on the island. We stayed a night in both Ancud and Castro and they were very different but so much worth visiting.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will you help me with ideas for trip?

If I may suggest: take the Lake Crossing between Puerto Montt/ Puerto Varas to Bariloche ( option of the 1 day or 2 day cruise)-You can then fly from Bariloche to Buenos Aires- Happy Trails !

3. Re: Will you help me with ideas for trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16