We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chili Beaches

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Chili Beaches

Hi, any beach lovers out there. Is the water warm enough to swim in February. Are there any beach towns along the Chili coast like Playa del Carmen Mx,?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,744 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chili Beaches

In general, the water is never really warm enough to swim. It is warmer in February, but far from tropical. The maximum temperature is perhaps 20 celsius. There are lot of beach towns, but whether they are like Playa del Carmen I don't know.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chili Beaches

Chile is definitivly not a beach destination, and as Taid says, you will not find beach cities such as Playa del Carmen, however, in my copinion, there are some very good beaches in the norths, as those in Pan de Azucar Nat Park. There you will see some really spectacular beaches, but away from big cities and very basic services (camoings and some few cabins only).

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chili Beaches

I would suggest you consider Chile (not Chili) more like going to Alaska or Canada for beach locations even though it might be the summer time there.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Alaska
Alaska
United States
PUERTO VARAS
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chili Beaches

the best beaches in chile are in the III region : bahia inglesa located 80 km southeast of copiapo ( airport) and 5 km from Caldera the best beaches are chuncho,las machas ,playa blanca,la piscina,white sands and warm calm sea, but chile is not a caribbean destination. the ciy have .good hotels.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chili Beaches

I found the water and climate of the area in and around Santiago (Vina del Mar) to be very similar to San Diego, California. Warm days but cool nights. Pacific Ocean=cool water.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
6. Re: Chili Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 02:17