We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dining in Santiago

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
59 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Best dining in Santiago

We will be spending the last night of our 3 week trip to South America in Santiago. Where is the best authentic Chilian dining? Can someone tell us. Thanks

John and Lisa

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best dining in Santiago

The best restaurant we ate at during our recent trip to Chile was at El Zully, in a wonderful old neighborhood near Av. Brazil, on calle Concha y Toro. Not so much "authentic" Chile but definitely fine cuisine incorporating elements of traditional Chilean cooking in an inspired way (it was a nice change from empanadas, cazuela, and pastel de choclo).

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best dining in Santiago

You could try either Isla Negra on Av. El Bosque or Hotel Gallerias downtown both offer menus based on traditional Chilean food. For really good good try the Opera restaurant at the corner of Mercéd and José Miguel de la Barra also an excellent wine list.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best dining in Santiago

Greetings from Anchorage:

A group of 14 were in Santiago and Santa Cruz in Nov. we all agreed that Astrid & Gaston was double thumbs up....ck out NY Times review..."4 Stars". We only had 2 nights in Santiago....there appeared to be many great places. For traditional, check out the Seafood Market for lunch....there were many choices there.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best dining in Santiago

I wonder if any Chilean Experts can help out here to refresh my memory.

We were staying at Providencia and we strolled up the street, I think it was on a Sunday morning. (We wanted to have some time away from our adult children.)

We happened to be looking for a restaurant open for lunch, and we found a sign outside an office building, "saying open" which we took the lift up to...about 2 or 3 floors.

To our delight, it was an amazing fine dining restaurant which revolved (spin, spin) overlooking the Andes in the distance. The food was awesome but expensive, we didn't mind as our whole lunch experience was just perfect.(except I wasn't dressed correctly) everyone looked distinctively well dressed.

The name would be such an asset to me...as hubby and I often talk about "our best lunch ever"/

Can anyone tell me the name ????????

thanks.

EM>

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best dining in Santiago

Giratorio

Especialidad (type of food):Internacional

Chef:Felipe Lagos

Dirección (address):Av. 11 de Septiembre 2250, Piso 16

Comuna (neighborhood):Providencia

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best dining in Santiago

Thank You ! Greatly appreciate it....

EM.

7. Re: Best dining in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 12:25