We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

Montreal, Qc
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Kennedy or Hotel Panamericano in Santiago? How are they? I want to know the good, bad and the ugly!

Thanks

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

I haven't stayed at the Kennedy, but it is located at the junction of two main highways. There is a large mall close by accessible by a pedestrian bridge. It is not the best located hotel by any means there are better options.

If you put Panamericano into the search box you will see the reviews. Most people were very pleased. It is much more conveniently located.

Montreal, Qc
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

The panamericano is downtown though, correct?

I was hoping to be in the Providencia area since I heard such good things about it, quieter, nice restaurants and close enough to everything. Should I go with Hotel Orly then?

Montreal, Qc
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

So I know that Orly gets really good reviews but is it on a really busy street? No one seems to mention the noise though. ALso saw that Vilafranca is getting good reviews. Is it really like a B&B (with that B&B feel?)

We are looking more for a hotel with charm.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

The Orly is on a busy street, it is recommended to take a room at the back. The Villafranca is more a boutique hotel than a B&B.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
1,484 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

I have stayed at Hotel Orly, as mentioned by Toid take the back rooms. We had a front room overlooking the street, it wasn't too bad but if you can score a back room all the better. The rooms are small...but the hotel in a fabulous position with some excellent restaurants close by.

Viña del Mar...
Level Contributor
459 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

Hello,

I have recommended the Panamericano since I have stayed ther twice. Spacious rooms, almost no noise, the best location, etc.

Just be careful to book in advance and that they guarantee your reservation.

In Providencia, I would recommend the Orly only if you are prepared for the noise and the small rooms, but I have heard they have great service !

If you are not on a budget, try El Bosque Park and Suites in one of the best locations or the Park Plaza Hotel in Lyon st., in the center of Providencia.

Good luck and a nice stay,

regards,

Jdelapaz

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

I would stay at the Vilafranca.

Nice touch B&B godd drates nice rooms and just 7 rooms !!!

Located on a beautiful area in Providencia, in a quiet street just 2 block from Providencia Street and 1 block from a park...

montreal
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

Just wanted to say we stayed at the villa franca and LOVED it. We like the B&B/Inn experience anyway and after almost 2 weeks in bigger hotels the villa franca was great!! Rooms are small by N/A standards but completely big enough and with the nice sitting area and outdoor patio there is space to lounge. The area is quiet with cute shops and restaurants. I am going to add a review of villa franca soon with pictures but Gloria the manager is so helpful and allowed us to leave bags and come back and change and lounge before getting our evening taxi to the airport well after check out time.

If you like small inns/B&B's you will love it here!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

Our family will be staying at the Villa Franca in a weeks time. many thanks for the recommendation.Gloria the manager has been very helpful with our booking.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendation/opinion Santiago

Hi, I stayed for 6 nights in May/June in Providencia at the Santiago Park Plaza it is on Ricardo Lyon and is literally only 1-2 minutes walk from the main streets of Ave 11 September and Ave Providencia and the metro Los Leones.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and loved the location in Providencia

Get answers to your questions about Santiago