We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

las condes

new york, ny
1 post
Save Topic
las condes

i am a grad student from the united states studying spanish in santiago this month. my homestay placement is in las condes and i will be commuting to providencia and bellavista neighborhoods. can anyone tell me if this is a relatively convenient placement or if it is very far and i should try for a different accommodation? what are the bus lines or metro lines that go through las condes?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,253 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: las condes

It is not the most convenient location but not a bad one. Only Linea No.1 of the Metro goes to Las Condes along Avda. Apoquindo. It ends at Avda. Americo Vespuccio at the Escuela Militar station. Bus lines there is a large choice between busus that go the Metro and buses that go directly to Providencia or Bellavista depends on your exact location. I am sure that yor host family will be of help.

You will need to buy a Bip! electronic card to use the transit system. You can buy one in any subway station.

AUS
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: las condes

hi emma,

las condes isnt ideal, my gf and i stayed up there the first night and moved to the center. however, looking back on it, i preferred the uptown feel. tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17758-Santiago…

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: las condes

well, Las Condes is very extended.

I agree that it is not a good option considering that is far away from downtown, and nice places such as bellavista.

It will depends as well of the place where are you going to study...but i would consider moving to Providencia or downtown..

San Diego...
Level Contributor
223 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: las condes

Do you know where in Los Condes you will be? It's hard to say whether it will be inconvenient or not without a cross street. We live in Los Condes and prefer life up here - it is more middle class, cleaner, etc.

5. Re: las condes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 12:19