We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal Flights (Chile)

London, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Internal Flights (Chile)

Anybody know how to get cheap flights in Chile. I'm researching Santiago/Calama/Santiago. So far the best I've come up with is £374 which I think is too much. If I can't get it cheaper I'll be on the bus.

Sky Airlines website appears to say that the fares shown on their website are valid only if booked from within Chile and so far Sky have not replied to my e-mail enquiry.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal Flights (Chile)

Flights are cheaper if booked in Chile. Sky will not accept bookings from outside Chile. There are a number of flights a day to Calama from Santiago so you should be able to get seats after you arrive. Return on Sky will cost about US$300.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Toronto
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal Flights (Chile)

Did you try to book with LAN? I was able to book a return internal flight on LAN Chilean site which was a fraction of what it would have been on their international site. I know you get a message that "this fare is only available for sale in Chile" but I was able to do it anyway. There have been different opinions on the forum regarding this topic but in the end I decided to give it a try. We will be travelling to Chile next February. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
brigherr
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal Flights (Chile)

Hi,Nala,

We are flyiing to Santiago in Febr. We want to fly from there to Puerto Montt but Lan gave me a very high rate as we do not have an adress in Chile.

Maybe you could reveal to me how you managed to book your inside Chile flight via the Lan National website. I would appreciate it, unless it is a secret.

Thanks!

Brigitte

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Internal Flights (Chile)

It seems that sometimes and/or from certain countries, people have been able to bypass LAN's redirect when you try to access and book on their Chile national site.

There are no residency or address requirements for those Chile website bought fares. Foreigners frequently buy tickets on the Chile site when visiting and traveling without a problem.

What is happening is LAN is intentionally offering only the higher fare buckets on their non-Chile sites. You have nothing to lose by trying and the only glitch if you can make a booking is that your foreign credit card charge may not initially go through requiring a call to their Santiago Chile call center to complete the charge.

Clear cache and cookies and try:

http://www.lan.com/es_cl/index.html

You can also try using a proxy scheme like TOR.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internal Flights (Chile)

Could you please tell me how to do a "proxy scheme like TOR." I tried to use the link u shared, but still got kicked back to higher prices. thanks

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Internal Flights (Chile)

Google is your friend:

www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=TOR

Minor - medium tech savvy required.

Edited: 15 July 2010, 17:40
7. Re: Internal Flights (Chile)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 14:54