We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Santiago to Zapallar Chili

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Santiago to Zapallar Chili

I am planning to leave Santiago for a few days in Zapallar, is there a public bus that goes there? What bus station would it leave from and how would we get there from the airport? Would it be the same bus station that the bus to Mendoza would leave from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sharaz

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Santiago to Zapallar Chili

You can check the Turbus site for their schedule.

https://www.pasajes.cl:443/pasajes/servlet/hgxpvtwbi02?5wZHECljbvU0ZaOsU3gzTj1hALjhQx26fZd6RS923Ilt885VIeV+ZtjwEU++TpMQ0aytwU0o7A3y8zyXmDy/vv8hINU9t7y3tZfK+hmUOJU=

Number of buses varies by day. It starts from the main Turbus terminal in Santiago, Terminal Alameda, which is across the side street north from Terminal Santiago where the non Turbus buses leave for Mendoza. Stops in La Ligua and Papudo or Cachagua before Zapallar.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Santiago to Zapallar Chili

To get to Terminal Alameda from SCL, take the green Tur (same company as Turbus) airport transfer bus. There are two routes so make sure the one you get on ends up at Terminal Alameda. You pay on entry into the bus with pesos. Luggage can be stowed in the hold like in all intercity buses in Chile. The bus stops directly inside Terminal Alameda making the next step of buying your ticket and catching your next bus a breeze.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Santiago to Zapallar Chili

>across the side street north

Error! I meant east! I wrote that before my coffee.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Santiago to Zapallar Chili

Hi Chiean,

Many thanks for your help. I am trying to find a a resort / hotel on the coast to spend a few days. I would prefer not to be in a large city. Do you have any recommendations?

Many thanks, Sharaz

5. Re: Transportation from Santiago to Zapallar Chili

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 04:17