We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago IL
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

Going to Santiago for a week in late March 2011 -- have narrowed the hotel choices to Espana, Orly, or Los Espanoles. Any thoughts on which might be best overall since rates seem to be similar. Key points to consider for me are in-room internet access, general cleanliness of he property, and proximity to museums/visitor sites either walking or on putlic transit.

Thanks for your contributions. //Dwain.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

Dwain,

We are fans of the Orly. Some complain of small rooms, and they certainly aren't spacious. However the charm of the building, and small boutique style which is hard to find in Santiago, make it our choice in spite of size.

Sincerely,

Jordan

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

Oh, I hate being an adult and having to make choices. :)

Many thanks for the info, Jordan.

//Dwain.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,205 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

The Hotel España does not really belong in that trio. The Orly is very popular with visitors and has good service and a pleasant café/restaurant. Los Españoles is also good. It is slightly less well placed being on the other side of the river, but within walking distance of busier parts of Providencia. They have both a hotel and apart-hotel, I think. If you choose the Orly, see if you can get a quieter room at the back.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

No problem Dwain. Feel free to let me know if you'd like any guiding while there.

Sincerely,

Jordan

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

I can confirm what DM said about Hotel España. Not even in the same category. It is a low-end, budget hotel and quite aged. Friendly staff though...(and I'll leave it at that and will say no more).

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

I don't grasp why you have restricted your choice to those particular hotels. Why not consider on the Atton Hotels, the Eurotel, the Bonaparte, the Coronel all in Providencia or one of the Diego de Almagros?

Vermont
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

You may also want to consider The Aubrey and the Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel. They rate very high. You can read about them at: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294305-Santiago-Hote…

Good luck!

California
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

We stayed at the Meridiano last January and can't say enough good about it. Very well located, free computer access, excellent included breakfast, the nicest and most helpful staff imaginable. Lovely old mansion and very comfortable rooms. I did a review on our stay here on TA. www.meridianosur.cl

Santiago
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

I recommend The Aubrey hotel Bellavista area and Le Reve Providencia

check the promotion in Radisson Hotel Vitacura ( double room U$ 105)

Good Luck

Guides Chile

10. Re: Your thoughts are solicited on Santiago hotel choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 06:29