We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Santiago, Chile to Algarrobo to Valaraiso

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Santiago, Chile to Algarrobo to Valaraiso

I would like to know if there is a bus service from Santiago to Algarrobo (San Alfonso del Mar Resort) and from there to Valparaiso. How long is each bus trip?

Any help would be appreciated,'

Christa

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Algarrobo to Valaraiso

There are regular buses from Santiago to Algorrobo. The bus station is on the edge of town so you will need either to take a local bus or a taxi to get to San Alfonso. There are also regular services to Valparaiso. I would suggest you use Pullman Bus which in Santiago uses the San Borja terminal (Turbus) on the Alemada by the Estacion Central.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,192 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Algarrobo to Valaraiso

Just to point out that San Alfonso is a private condominium and you will not be able to go in unless you are a resident/guest.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Algarrobo to Valaraiso

>>>>> I would suggest you use Pullman Bus which in Santiago uses the San Borja terminal (Turbus) on the Alemada by the Estacion Central. <<<<<

Hmmm, I thought Pullman Santiago to the central coastal cities south of Valpo buses all used Terminal Alameda? I know I see El Quisco, Cartagena, etc. when I'm there to take Pullman to the San Antonio area.

For Algarrobo to Valpo, a different Pullman line called Pullman Lago Peñuelas does that route.

Edited: 07 October 2010, 03:11
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Algarrobo to Valaraiso

Thank you for your fast reply

5. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Algarrobo to Valaraiso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 06:19