We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn, airport Santiago

Roseburg, Oregon
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday Inn, airport Santiago

We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the US Embassy in Santiago for approximately $100 in February, 2011. We asked them to please book one night at the Holiday Inn, airport, for us the night before we leave Santiago but said they could not. So we called the hotel directly, the gentleman spoke good English, and he quoted us $99 per night. When we checked out of the Holiday Inn at the airport the bill was for $199 per night. Had I know this we would not have stayed there.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn, airport Santiago

Just to clarify, there are two Holiday Inns in Santiago. One at the airport itself and the other, an "Express," located in the nice part of town near the US Embassy.

Checking out the ichotelsgroup.com website, I get a $133-$159 depending on level of room (2 persons) for the one near the US Embassy and $180-$219 for the one at the airport.

Maybe you made the reservation for the airport one and not the one in town which probably charged the walk-in "rack rate"?

Edited: 25 February 2011, 18:36
Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn, airport Santiago

regardless of your specific problem (and I do empathize )

there is another option for airport lodging (also they have day use )

which is the Diego de Almagro, a very short taxi ride away.

3. Re: Holiday Inn, airport Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 16:19