We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE Dinner in Santiago

Vancouver
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
NYE Dinner in Santiago

We arrive from Canada in Santiago around noon on Dec 31. Short notice, I know, but we just decided on a whim to go! Can anyone recommend a place for dinner? We're staying in Providencia, and we're not into a big hotel party, just a good meal in a funky cool restaurant within walking distance? Thanks for your help!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,672 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE Dinner in Santiago

Providencia is very large. If you want walking distance, can you be more specific about your hotel location?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE Dinner in Santiago

There are a number of possibilities, but expect to the possibility that they are fully booked. Some suggestions the Restarant Giratorio, Aqui esta Coco (excellent sea food), the Bar Liguria (not just a bar), El Parron (steakhouse). These are all in Providencia.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE Dinner in Santiago

Thanks very much, I appreciate the advice. We're staying at Bruno's B&B. Since this holiday started on a 'winging' it mode, I guess we'll get there and start walking and see where we end up! I think that is a good theme to start the New Year. After the turkey has been devoured I will post another question about our itinerary.

Happy Holidays to all Trip Advisors!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,672 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYE Dinner in Santiago

A nice place which is open 365 days a year is BACO on Nueva de Lyon, walking distance from Bruno's. They do not have a website that I know of but do have a phone number for booking, which would be essential at a meal time. It is a nice restaurant with an excellent selection of Chilean wine by the glass - changed daily and listed on large chalkboards - French style cooking, open continuously throughout the day for a meal or some wine and a cheese board. Contact your lodging and get them to book a table on the terrace for you.

Other restaurants will be open for normal meals but will probably shut earlier than usual on NYE. Otherwise, it is the expensive set menu meals in restaurants and hotels. The Ritz is going for the equivalent of US$295 per person!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYE Dinner in Santiago

We are going to Baco for dinner. Thanks for the advice, everyone I've mentioned it to rave about it. I will post a trip update after dinner. Happy New Year!

6. Re: NYE Dinner in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 10:22