We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

I am visiting Chile next Dec and want to spend a few days in the wine country. What is the best way to get out to Santa Cruz from Santiago.?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

There are three possibilities, hire a car, take the bus, take the train and bus. the first has the advantage that it makes it easy to get to the wineries once you are in Santa Cruz.

Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

Thankyou. I would rather not drive to Santa Cruz. Is there a direct bus and do you know how frequently they run. Is the train easier?

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

I don`t recommend you the Train, becase is Insecure in the frequency. The most ideal is the bus trip, santiago has a a lot buses to Santa Cruz, is easy, ship and fast. It`s possible to buy a round trip ticket.

Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

thank you for your help. I am now considering driving, but was told it wasn't very safe. What do you think? My other possibility was to hire a private car and driver. Do you know a reliable firm and do you know the approximate cost?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

Driving in Chile is no more dangerous than anywhere else. The highways are excellent.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

I wonder who told you it wasn't safe...I am now living in Montreal, QC and it is a lot more crazy driving here!

7. Re: transportation from santiago to Santa Cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:17