We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Can anyone give me an idea what it would cost and recommendations for private transportation from Santiago to Valparaiso.....Thank you.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

There are a number of possibilities, the cost will depend on whether you want simply to go straight to Valparaiso or include a tour. If the latter you could contact Christian the Van Man or Leonardo Cuzmar, both are highy recommended.For a taxi, AndesPacifico, they charge 55,000 pesos about US$115.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Hey there,

We are arriving in March with one full day of exploring and then need to get to Valparaiso to catch a cruise.

I need a transfer from airport to Radisson Plaza and then it would be nice to have a day tour the next day of Santiago, then the following day we need a transfer to the port in Valparaiso but it would be nice to combine with with a wine tour or at least a small tour of that area prior to getting on the ship.

Who would you recommend?

Plus when you recommended AndesPacifico taxi from Santiago to Valparaiso costing 55,000 pesos or about $115US, is that $115US for two people or per person?

Thank you in advance.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Sorry I didn't keep the receipt, so I don't remember the exact price. But if you simply take the bus from the station near the university. It's more than reasonable. Cheap enough that I wouldn't worry about it.

WQst

http://youtu.be/zKKl5Rn_EV8

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Thanks for your response but the bus is not an option by the way I pack, unless it's a grey coach that picks me up at the door.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Can I please have the websites of Christian the Van Man and Leonard Cuzmar.

SantiagoChile
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Hi Darcy 75!

Christian, The Van Man´s email is christianroymxq@hotmail.com and his website is www.thevanmanadventures.com

Leonardo Cuzmar´s email is leonardocuzmar@yahoo.com and his website is www.guideschile@mail.com

Chers!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Thank you so much for the information.

Valparaiso, Chile
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

I know that this company which I use when I travel in South America does everything including services for cruise ships...so they must offer shuttles with tours on the way, I expect.

www.turismonuevomundo.com fluent in English,

I am a Canadian living here in Chile, prefer my first language when I can.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,988 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

Leonardo Cuzmar can also be reached at guideschile@gmail.com

Here is my review: www.flyertalk.com/forum/18148075-post2.html

10. Re: Transportation from SCL to Valparaiso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:16