We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest national parks

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest national parks

Which are the national parks closest to Santiago - which are easily accessible?

I am Ok with a small (1 - 2 hr) flight from Santiago - after which the parks should be easy to access for a day trip

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest national parks

There is a lot of choice. Visit either the Pucon-Vilarica area by flying into Temuco or the area around Laga Llanquihue by flying into Puerto Montt.

2. Re: Nearest national parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2012, 12:34
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest national parks

Getting planes can be a hassle. Why not do a horseride up into the Andes ? Car trip is about 90 minutes. That way you see national park and get the most awe inspiring views of the Andes. I will remember this part of my wonderful trip to santiago, forever.

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest national parks

TerryLee72 - thanx for the suggestions! I will dig deeper into those options

Kgari - I am not a horse rider :(. Can the similar be done with a short walk? Which is the starting point outside Santiago?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest national parks

Sorry mangoo, can't help on this. The horseriding is just walking and they are very well trained. You just get on and enjoy absolutely awe inspiring view of the Andes and surrounds. Bit like riding a bike !

6. Re: Nearest national parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 07:16