We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security guards in hotels?

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Security guards in hotels?

Are they a common sight in hotels in Santiago? Irrespective of the neighborhood?

Thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Security guards in hotels?

i've seen one.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
365 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Security guards in hotels?

Typically not - Santiago is fairly safe. You seem to worry too much about safety by this and other questions you have posted. Just be careful like you would in any other large city and relax and have fun!

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Security guards in hotels?

Iossy - yes - I have not been to South America yet - hence the extra questions. Just trying to get a feel of how it will be. Yes - will relax :)

Thanks

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Security guards in hotels?

Large chain hotels like the Hyatt or Sheraton will have men in black dotted around, medium size hotels might have one in the lobby, smaller establishments not. The more movement in the hotel of guests, people who go for conferences and to use the restaurants, the more security you would see. So it really depends on the size of the hotel and the services it offers rather than a Santiago safety issue..

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Security guards in hotels?

Thanks dancingmolly for the detailed clarification!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Security guards in hotels?

In my experience, Santiago is safe. I was very relaxed. It is not Buenos Aires (no offence intended to BA)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Security guards in hotels?

Now in my third Chilean hotel, and still only seen one guard. Staying in Providence area, and first impression - its like Paris - tree-lined boulevards and pavement cafes. Definitely not like BA or La Paz (no disrespect to either).

8. Re: Security guards in hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:16