We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brazil
Level Contributor
97 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

We are taking our niece on a 4 days short trip to Santiago to celebrate her 21 birthday. We'll arrive on a Thursday (around 13:00) and will leave on a Sunday afternoon. Not enough time to see everything so we´ve got all the famous attractions and museums visits schedules in our minds. Does anyone have an idea about a special celebration, no need for extraordinary events, the trip itself is a very special celebration, I am sure, but is there any tip of a restaurant, or a location to be seen. She is a student of Environmental Engineering, I wonder if there´s anything related to this career that we could see...

Last year we took our other niece to B.Aires for the same celebration (21) and we went to a wonderful tango show, but that was an easier one as she is a dancer herself.

Hope it is not very vague... By the way we can speak Spanish, in case it helps.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

One possibility would be to have dinner in the Camino Real, a restaurant in the Parque Metropolitano on the Cerro San Cristobal. The view over Santiago is wonderful.

Contact Aguas Andinas, water supply and sanitation company, for a guided tour of one of their treatment plants, the most advanced in Latin America. This señora is responsible for the tours, Pamela Paz Vásquez Muñoz. she has adage on linked in.

Brazil
Level Contributor
97 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

Thank you for the tip. I will try to contact her.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

You may want to try the Giratorio restaurant in Providencia: http://www.restaurantgiratorio.cl/

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,382 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

Although both the Camino Real and the Giratorio are well known restaurants, they strike me as somewhere for more mature patrons than a young girl celebrating her 21st. I would choose the Boulevard Lavaud in the Barrio Yungay, one of the oldest neighbourhoods of Santiago. It has a restaurant full of memorabilia and a working, old fashioned barber shop. It is a bit eccentric, more bistrot than restaurant, and a nice atmosphere and decent food. There are plenty of reviews here on TA with photos.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294305-d8…

Brazil
Level Contributor
97 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

Thank you both Iossy and dancingmolly for your restaurant suggestions. I looked at their web pages and both have striking features. The view of Giratorio looks fantastic. However, I tend to agree that the atmosphere seems a bit formal for a young girl. Maybe we'll have a go at Peluqueria Francesa, the place seems very different and the picture of the food (and the reviews) are great. Thank you!

6. Re: Any tip for a special celebration for our niece 21 birthday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:15