We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago 3xs in 3 weeks via airport. Efficient use of time.

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Santiago 3xs in 3 weeks via airport. Efficient use of time.

4/17 Wed. Santiago. 9:10am. 3 adults arrive. Mom has been to Chile before, a long time ago. Us - 2 newbies. All family. 2 seniors.

4/18 Thu. 3:40pm flight to Puerto Montt.

Where to stay: airport or Santiago or other - perhaps a different city that only requires a few hours to see the highlights?

We will have been travelling for 24 hours, and just a few hours time difference. We may be up for siteseeing.

4/26 Fri. Santiago. 3ish pm

4/27 Sat. flight to Easter Island. Sorry, I don't know the time. My mom's fight to the US leaves at night.

Where to stay: airport or Santiago or other?

5/2 Thu. Santiago. I don't know the time. There are only 2 of us.

5/6 Mon. 10:55 pm fly USA.

We want to see Santiago and Valapaiso. The tour with Leo Cuzmar looks likes something that would interest us. We prefer to be toured around and learn from the guide.

We would be interested in HOHO and walking around seeing the old, historical area.

Like help with how to divide our time. Should we travel to Val. and stay 2 days there? If yes, what days would be good to go. Considering in both cities traffic, crowds at attractions, what is open/closed, ease of travel between the 2 cities, and anything else to factor in.

We do not like to shop. We have luggage. Would need to work on transportation. We are not alcohol drinkers, but if you feel the wine country is worth seeing we'll do it. We love learning about cultures.

We do not like to rent cars.

Also, my mom would like to see Santiago again. She would need to be with a tour. She has trouble walking. She is ok with a half day tour.I see that Leo has a half day tour of Sant. She could do that on the 27th, if it works best that way. Or, we could try 17th/18th, an overview of the city would be nice and a big plus if a guide could take us to see something that is a bit difficult or time consuming to get to.

We have no hotel or transportation at this time. Budget hotel: 47,474.81 CLP - 71,212.22 CLP

Looking forward to dancingmolly and toid's responses over the coming weeks :) I'm excited to work with you..

Charlotte NC
Level Contributor
36 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiago 3xs in 3 weeks via airport. Efficient use of time.

Hi Rachel,

I don't know your guide and have not been to Valpariso. When we went, we had about a day and a half on the ground in Santiago and went directly to the coast, staying in ConCon and Vina del Mar. My blog post on that can be found here:

journeysbyjill.com/2011/…

It might give you ideas as to what you might want to do 5/2 - 5/6 or a way to fill time or the 4/17-4/18 dates. Those might be better because we heard that everyone from Santiago flocks to the coast on the weekends. Maybe for your long weekend you start on the coast on Thursday and return to Santiago to tour while the city is empty.

You also might want to poke around on my blog for all kinds of tips, information about money, places to stay, eat, costs, etc. on Easter Island. There are lots of photos and videos to give you a feel for the island. I absolutely loved Easter Island and would be happy to find myself back there again one of these days.

Have a wonderful trip!

Best,

Jill

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santiago 3xs in 3 weeks via airport. Efficient use of time.

thank so much jill! this is the kind of info i'm looking for.

even though it's autumn, they will be flocking to the coast?

i'll read it in a bit. if it doesn't have the times, how long from airport to ConCon?

Charlotte NC
Level Contributor
36 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santiago 3xs in 3 weeks via airport. Efficient use of time.

It took us about an hour and a half - very easy drive except for the fog and lack of Chilean pesos. I got the feeling they do go to the coast - we were there in August - dead of winter and were told that everyone had left when we got there - it was a Sunday. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

4. Re: Santiago 3xs in 3 weeks via airport. Efficient use of time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:18