We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

I have read that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling of flights from 31 March (a couple of days).

Can anyone confirm this please?

I have 8 flights booked from 10 April to I May.

How do they inform you of the change of flight?

Thanks

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

You should monitor them on your own and be proactive in contacting LAN. DO NOT rely on them to inform you in a timely manner or at all.

Illinois
Level Contributor
180 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

Definitely check the timing of any flights including Chile scheduled to depart prior to April 28. The extension of Chile's Daylight Savings Time through April 27 has caused many (but not all) flight times to shift by one hour.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

Here is the email that I received on 21March from LAN re the 30March schedule change.

I had joined LANPASS so I am sure that is why I received the email. (Its free to join). LAN is a OneWorld partner so it made sense to sign up for me as a Qantas Frequent Flyer. I don't think for one minute that this schedule change will be without stress but I am thankful that they sent the advice. Airlines always make changes around 30March for the European summer, so combined with the ongoing complaints about poor Lima scheduling and expected change due to the introduction of the 787, I guess it is not surprising.

Dear ....

In our intention to keep you informed, we remind you that as of next Saturday March 30, we will change the itinerary of most international flights that operate from and to Lima. The purpose of such modification is to improve connection alternatives of flights passing through the capital of Peru, thus allowing an expanded offer of flights throughout the day.

As it usually happens with any change, this itinerary modification may cause some delays or congestions in the beginning. Therefore, we recommend you take the following preventive measures:

• Please be at the airport 3 hours before the scheduled time of departure.

• Please verify your flight status 24 hours before the flight at LAN.com.

• Please Check-in between 48 and 2 hours before your flight departure at LAN.com.

We are taking all precautions needed to minimize inconveniences for our customers.

For more information, click here.

Best wishes,

LAN Airlines

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

Thanks Angel88 for that info.

I am so angry at LAN. They have cancelled one of our most important flights and can not offer a replacement flight that will get us from Santiago to El Calafate to meet our Glacier Cruise ship on time.

Because I booked 3 flights on the one reservation and now I want the one flight that is cancelled refunded I have to claim a refund on the whole reservation, so the whole 3 flights. To rebook the other 2 flights is going to cost me a bit over A$1,000 more because all the cheap fares have gone now for 2 weeks time. I have a seperate thread going on this problem. They just do not care about their customers. See here:

tripadvisor.com.au/…48343539

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

I posted a reply on the Buenos Aires forum with - a link regarding IATA rules for rescheduling and also for you to personally visit the LAN office in Perth and to also see if your travel insurance covers this under cancellation and additional expenses etc

With the Lima reschedule about to take place this weekend I think there will be a lot of stress next week too. Good luck and keep us updated as to whether LAN will endorse that coupon to another airline.

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
6. Re: Is it true that LAN Airlines is doing a major rescheduling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:16