We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

Santiago, Chile
4 posts
Save Topic
SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

I will be taking a bus to Santiago from Viña del Mar on Monday. I need a hostel to stay at near SCL airport because I need to be at the airport by 5 am on Tuesday. does anybody know of a cheap hostel near the airport? I will have two big bags with me and I don't want to take the bus because I am scared of getting robbed. Any help or tips would be MUCH appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,110 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

There are no cheap hostels near the airport. There are three hotels, one right in the airport grounds, but they are expensive. You would be too early to take an airport bus anyway. You can be picked up by a Delfos transfer van at any address in Santiago you want. It will cost about CLP$6000. You could also order a radio taxi to get to the airport from wherever you are staying.

Your problem is the two big bags because there are no trolleys or porters at the bus station and you will have to be able to handle them yourself, not easy in a busy bus station. Why don't you consider taking private transport directly from Viña to the airport and catching a bit of sleep there? You can store the bags in the "custodia" and just collect them when you want to check in.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 19:42
Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago, Chile
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

"Why don't you consider taking private transport directly from Viña to the airport and catching a bit of sleep there? You can store the bags in the "custodia" and just collect them when you want to check in."

This seems like a good idea, what is the private transport? And where can I find it in Viña? And how late does it run? Does it take me directly to the airport? Do you know how much it costs? I'm sorry for all the questions!

Thank you so much, I'm traveling by myself and I am young so I appreciate all the help I can get!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,110 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

If you are staying at a hotel or hostel in Viña del Mar, they can probably set up a taxi for you. If you have been staying in a private home, ask around to see if anyone has a contact. You could even pop into a small travel agency and ask.

If not, you could phone a couple of these for prices.

http://buscador.emol.com/amarillas/transportes+al+aeropuerto/viña+del+mar

www.rutaschile.com/men1/tourdetalles.php…

http://www.vivastreet.cl/traslados+vina-del-mar/transfer-aeropuerto-de-santiago--scl--desde-vina-del-mar/53371909

If that seems too expensive to you, you can take any Viña to Santiago bus and ask to get off at the "cruce del aeropuerto". There are always taxis waiting there to take passengers from the coast to the airport, only a few mins away.. But you may be nervous about this after dark.

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

I vote on early morning taxi transfer direct to the airport from Viña.

No need for transfers, hostel, etc.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,110 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

Best idea yet!

6. Re: SCL airport, hostels, and transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 05:18