We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early should we get to the airport?

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
How early should we get to the airport?

For a 9:15 AM flight to Easter Island? We definitely don't want to cut it close. We're likely staying at the Park Apartments, 545 Huerfanos and using a taxi That hotel's website says it's 10 minutes from the airport but that seems like a major exaggeration: Google maps says it's a 34-minute drive.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,771 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

Although the airport is easily accessible using the urban highways through and around Santiago, you will be driving through rush hour (unless you are flying on a weekend?). That would make it closer to the 35 minute mark than 10. What time do you have to be at the airport?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,018 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

When is checkin, according to the airline?

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

It's LAN, 09:15 flight. I can't find anything on their website that says what time we need to be at the airport, though it's possible I'm just missing it.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

i took LAN recently, but to international destination and check-in opens 3 hrs prior flight.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,771 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

I would aim to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight. Definitely keep an eye on flight times and any schedule changes.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
122 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

I'd get there 3 hours prior, as that is the earliest you can check in, or 2 hours early at the very latest. The lines can get pretty long at check in and you don't want to worry about missing your flight.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

On a weekday morning at the start of rush hour, from Barrio Lastarria the taxi took less than 30 minutes. At the airport, I checked in for my flight and cleared security (domestic flight) also in less than 30 minutes. Therefore I think 2.5 hours should be safe. Airport was calm and process smooth.

8. Re: How early should we get to the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:17