We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
deerfield
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Has anyone traveled with this bus company? There seem to be several bus company options for the route that we need, but this is the only one that leaves at the noon time that we want and still has the coveted top level front seats available for the spectacular views...

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

I'd rather take the morning Andesmar bus but if that is your only option, then it will do as they are average for that route.

deerfield
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

I was actually trying to find an Andesmar bus, but when I went to Andesmar.com, there were several bus company options that all popped up and only two that left at noon - our flight arrives at 7:40 in the morning and I was afraid that it would not be possible to get through customs, etc. make it onto an earlier bus...

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

The buses that do the pass, at least the ones you can buy tickets online with, are all pretty much the same.I have been on them all over the years.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Edge goes to Andesmar (by not much) and I used to do the route a lot over 10 year (visa runs).

Bottom of the barrel, Chilean bus lines especially Tur-Bus. Ever try dealing with the office at the Mendoza bus station? Andesmar treatment is a lot more amable.

Then it comes down to the crappy snack/lunch/meal they all serve you. Would you rather have a ho-hum but real ham and cheese sandwich and Argentina-origin packaged snack items or an aspartame, sucralose loaded assortment of crap on the Chile bus line?

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Good comments, but more breakdowns than on your Chilean buses :)

Edited: 28 February 2014, 15:25
6. Re: El Rapido Bus from Santiago to Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20