We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter in Santiago

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Winter in Santiago

Hi all,

I am thinking about coming to Santiago to study Spanish for 2/3 weeks this July. I was just wondering if the weather and pollution will truly be awful - no visibility and very sooty air? I am quite sensitive to pollution, having lived in Hong Kong and absolutely loathing the air quality there, so I was wondering if winter in Santiago would be suitable for me. Thank you very much.

Aristo

Mentioned in this post
The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter in Santiago

If you are sensitive to smog from autos and industry, I'd say NO. In other parts, there may be wood smoke pollution.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,762 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter in Santiago

There will be air pollution, mainly from vehicles. It will not compare with Hong Kong. Fog is rare except early in the day.

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Winter in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:21