We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
244 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in

Hubby and I have one day in Santiago and wonder which area we should rent a hotel room. We want to be central to sights and restaurants.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,760 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in

I would suggest the Lastarria/bellavista area from where you can walk almost everywhere in the centre of Santiago. The closest large hotel is the Crown Plaza . There are a number of boutique hotels.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 21:12
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
433 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in

I would stay in the Providencia or Las Condes area near a Metro station.

Mentioned in this post
Providencia
Providencia
205 Reviews
Santiago, Chile
Santiago, Chile
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in

Providencia is a good place to stay

Mentioned in this post
Providencia
Providencia
205 Reviews
Santiago, Chile
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,760 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in

Lastarria-Bellavista for such a short stay.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,130 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay in

I agree with Lastarria/Bellavista if you have only one day. Providencia is large area (most of Bellavista is in it) but most people mean the area between Tobalaba and Manuel Montt metro stations. This would mean taking the metro to the historic center of the city, so not as central for sights. Lastarria/Bellavista will both have plenty of restaurants even on a Sunday evening, should that be the day you are there, whilst fewer will be open in Providencia.. Museums are closed on Mondays.

Mentioned in this post
Providencia
Providencia
205 Reviews
Santiago, Chile
6. Re: Best area to stay in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:16