We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

Aurora, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

I'm just packing now and arriving to Chile tomorrow. Anyone know of any running events happening? ...anyone know where best to ski/ride for a day trip. I'm staying in Lo Barnechea, Santiago.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

June 18, World Cup match Chile vs. Spain. The whole country will be at a standstill from around 2:30 pm to 6 pm or so. Depending on the results, expect the same for future matches in the coming days. Massive celebrations after every win are a given which may disrupt public transport and other normal functions. Advice, go with the flow ;-)

Edited: 18 June 2014, 02:08
Aurora, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

OMG... thats awesome. I cannot wait:)

BTW, i want to go skiing for a day next week. Im staying at Lo Barnechea, Santiago... how best to find my way for some snow adventure? Thx

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

I don't ski and can't vouch for the below company but more than one poster has recommended http://www.skitotal.cl/eng/

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

Check if Skitotal does a stop at the Mall Sport at the top end of Avenida Las Condes. If it does, and I think they do, that would suit you if you are going to be in Lo Barnechea.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

Yes, it seems that you can buy lift tickets and arrange transport with a couple of companies a day or two before at Mall Sport. It would save you going all the way down Las Condes only to go back up again.

6. Re: June 18 to Jun 30th, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:16