We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over in Santiago

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Stop over in Santiago

I fly into Santiago in the evening from Auckland and need to be at the airport at 05.30 the next morning. Could anyone recommend a hotel near the airport with a reliable taxi service so I do not miss my flight in what I assume will be a jet lagged state. Thank you

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop over in Santiago

The only hotel which specifically serves the airport is the Diego de Almagro Aeropuerto, part of a chain and 5-10 minutes away. A Holiday Inn is being built immediately next to the terminal but has a way to go yet. The city is not that far and you might consider a hotel downtown if you don't like the look of the DdA. What a horrible hour to have to go to the airport!

London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop over in Santiago

Thank you Dancingmolly. $100 for an average hotel seems expensive especially as I'm hardly in it for long. Where would you recommend that I stay? If the flight is late arriving could one/is it safe to sleep in the airport lounges?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop over in Santiago

If you want to look at this and decide:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

It evaluates airports for sleeping!

You don't say how late in the evening you arrive, but calculate 40 minutes plane to out the door to be safe. Add about 30 minutes to get into town (get a taxi for speed). If the time left plus the cost of the taxi seem worth it, try booking at the Hotel Foresta. Use the search box at the top and you will find lots about it. It is the only budget downtown hotel I know personally but there are others.

Your flight is a very long one. Why not contact the Diego de Almagro airport hotel and see if they can give you a good price on the room. Jet lag and hassle don't go well together.

4. Re: Stop over in Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 12:23