We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus ticket from Valpo to Mendoza

Which Valparaiso hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Bus ticket from Valpo to Mendoza

On Sunday Nov. 14, I plan on taking a bus from Valparaiso to Mendoza during the day. I've seen on Andesmar website that there's a bus that departs at 8am (though it's operate by El Rapido according to the forums?). I know there's a couple other bus companies as well like Pullman and Tur Bus. Do these companies also go to Mendoza direct from Valparaiso.

How soon in advance should I book this ticket? I'll be starting my trip in Santiago and taking a bus to Valparaiso from there. I know there's buses departing all the time so I'm not worried about that bus ticket but how easy will it be to get a direct ticket from Valparaiso to Mendoza?

What's the best way to buy a ticket and how soon should I buy it?

Thanks.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus ticket from Valpo to Mendoza

You can buy the ticket the day before or even minutes before leaving as that day is not part of a long holiday weekend in Chile or Argentina. Advance purchase would be good if you want to choose the prime scenic seats like the ones at the front of the upper level. Passport will be needed to make the purchase.

Yes Andesmar teams with three other or so companies.

No Pullman does not do that run.

I don't know if Turbus does it from Valpo and even they did, I would not recommend them for that route.

The Andesmar site accepts foreign credit cards and you can even choose your seats.

Enjoy your trip!

Viña del Mar...
Level Contributor
459 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus ticket from Valpo to Mendoza

Hi,

If you are going to come to Valparaíso, the best way is to take any bus from outside Pajaritos Metro Station to Viña del Mar. At the bus terminal in Viña del Mar you will easily find the small counter of the buses to Mendoza. During low season, there is usually no problem to purchase the tickets with a couple of days in advance or even on the same day.

The trip is very beautiful although sometimes the customs and sanitary controls take some time and it can be pretty cold, so it is better to be prepared for it, as you can's stay inside the bus.

From Viña del Mar, the best way to get to Valparaíso is taking the local metro (metro regional) at the central Viña station, that lies 3 short blocks away from the bus terminal.

It runs on the surface along the coast and you will get the best views of our peculiar amphitheatre like city.

Going directly from Santiago to Valparaíso is like entering a theater through the back service door...

Have a nice trip,

Jdelapaz

3. Re: Bus ticket from Valpo to Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 05:16