We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazon Manatee Explorer 8 day trip

Ladysmith, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Amazon Manatee Explorer 8 day trip

Last October/November 6 of us did the full 8 day trip on The Amazon Manatee Explorer out of Coca. It was teriffic. Two very knowledgable, fluent English speaking guides; great meals; friendly crew; I can't speak too highly of the experience. Two of us have mobility issues and everyone was very patient and helpful in allowing us to see and do as much as we could. One of the advantages of being on the boat was sitting in comfort on the deck, with, maybe, a beer in hand cruising along the Napo River. Because the boat was moving through the day we would go out on our excursions and come back to the boat in its new positon. This way we travelled from all the way to the border with Peru. I highly recommend this trip.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,379 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazon Manatee Explorer 8 day trip

Sounds like fun, Lois--I had considered this trip at one time myself. Can you talk more about the excursions and what you saw?

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
219 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazon Manatee Explorer 8 day trip

Hi Lois,

Thanks for your review of Manatee. We agree, its a great boat with a comprehensive itinerary all at a great price.

Rainforest Cruises

3. Re: Amazon Manatee Explorer 8 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:17