We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to and from otavalo

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
getting to and from otavalo

I'd like to go to Otavalo and from my research, I can take the public bus which is $2, or arrange a private trip by car which is $45-55.

When I was in Peru I found out the locals had an interesting system of collective transportation, which was centred in a an unofficial taxi terminal. You simply showed up, said where you were going, and they'd put you in a car or mini van, which would leave when they'd filled up all the seats. It was really cheap a faster than taking a bus.

Is there anything similar in Quito, or anywhere I can join a van to go to otavalo? I'm going on a weekday, not Saturday. Thanks

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to and from otavalo

Quito is really a nice place. And as I know that you will not feel any difference in price charge among Peru and Quito. If you have some more time to spend go for mountain climbing and under water dive. you feel much relief.

2. Re: getting to and from otavalo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 June 2012, 18:05
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to and from otavalo

Hi Dizzy,

There are lots of buses going between Quito and Otavalo, and some you can just flag down from the side of the road, or head to the main bus station and start the journey there.

I am not sure about collectivos running the route you want, but the buses go so often that it's not really a problem, catching a bus to Otavalo.

Have fun!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to and from otavalo

I did read somewhere that there are shared taxis, you have to prepay but it is around $8

5. Re: getting to and from otavalo

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2012, 12:47
6. Re: getting to and from otavalo

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:41