We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a 3 day trip enough time to see Galapagos?

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is a 3 day trip enough time to see Galapagos?

My husband and I are flying into Quito late Friday and out of Quito early Tuesday in late-Sept. I'm wondering if we should just stick to sightseeing in the Quito/Otavolo area or try to get a trip to the Galapagos in? Appreciate any advice/suggestions!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a 3 day trip enough time to see Galapagos?

Stick to Quito area. 3 days isn't enough time to get in and out and then around Galapagos Islands. You might be able to see a bit of the island you land on, but little of anything else without a good bit of planning. I suspect you would be very disappointed. Go when you can give it the 8 or more days it deserves.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a 3 day trip enough time to see Galapagos?

3 Days is not enough. 5 Days its ok. You have to keep in mind that the first and the last day is just half day maximun. So you will have 1 day to visit another island, on the 5 days you will have 3 days to make different things.

You can visit another places, for example for puerto lopez and isla de la plata if you are looking for coast and beach destination. Or maybe baños if you are looking for adventure.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a 3 day trip enough time to see Galapagos?

quito is beautiful, enjoy it at a relaxed pace

4. Re: Is a 3 day trip enough time to see Galapagos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 10:17