We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quite beaches

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Quite beaches

I'm looking for a nice quiet beach town in Ecuador. One with a nice quiet beach, duh.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
317 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quite beaches

You have many options and I have been to many of them but I can only guess as to what your version of a quiet beach is but Montanita is definitely the loudest.

Some other beaches that I have visited that I have enjoyed and might fit your definition of quiet (from largest towns to smallest) are Canoa, Mompiche, Olon and Ayampe. I have also hear good things about same (sa-may).

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quite beaches

Thank you for your response. If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
317 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quite beaches

I would also avoid salinas, playas (general villamil near guayaquil), manta, pedernales and esmeraldas. There is nothing wrong with them but they will probably not fit your definition of a quiet beach.

I have never been but a colleague just told me about their visit to Machallila National park near puerto lopez where they would hike through the park, 30 minutes or so and get to a deserted, quiet beach with nothing developed.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,778 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quite beaches

Indeed, Los Frailes beach, within the Machalilla reserve near Puerto López, is one of the most tranquil beaches I've ever been to. It is completely undeveloped--no ramadas, no loungers to rent, no souvenir or snack shacks, no vendors. The hike through the "forest" is interesting, as is the hike up to the mirador where you have a grand view of the coastline. PL is a fishing village, not very touristy. I like staying in PL at Hostería Mandála, just outside the village. I've heard some good things about Puerto Cayo, also, which may be even less developed than PL.

5. Re: Quite beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:18