We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

Portugal
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

After a work week i have friday to tuesday free on Guayaquil, i'm alone, and for what i have read on the forum, there are two main attraction that are: a cruise on a boat in the galapagos island, or a flight to nearby city and then a amazon logde.

male, early forties, fit, and active tourism searcher.

If you have this on your mind what would you choose( and why)?

thank for your opinions.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

For such a short amount of time, I would recommend the Amazon--a 4d/3n package originating from either Quito or Baños.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
162 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

Isla de la Plata is also a cheaper version of the Galapagos islands, and you can see many animals there, like the blue foot boobies and sea lions.

California
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

Having just come back from doing both, I do have to say that they were both great experiences although very different. Wildlife viewing in the Galapagos is fantastic, animals are right in front of you and we were quite busy with 3 hiking g/snorkel excursions each day in lots of varied locations. The amazon lodge had a more relaxed itinerary with 2 excursions per day, with lunch and early afternoons at leisure. Spotting wildlife is more challenging as they are often in trees and far away, but we did see four different species of monkeys and many birds and insects. It was also really interesting to learn about the local cultures and how they live. I'm really glad we did both, but if I only had time to do one I'd do the Galapagos. There's nothing like them. Of course, I don't know if your schedule permits a Galapagos cruise or if you'll have to do something land based which might be a different experience than what we had.

Portugal
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

Thank you for your answers, from what i have read the galapagos experience seems to me more appelling and i would like to do so , i'm truying to book for the specifi dates that i have.

if you know safe sites/companies to book please send me a message.

thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
285 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

Galapagos! Amazon is great but for wildlife, I found Costa Rica best.

6. Re: 4 Nightws: Travel alone: GALAPAGOS or AMAZON ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:17