We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quito-Lima-Cuzco airfare

Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Quito-Lima-Cuzco airfare

Our family with 2 kids, will be arriving at Quito on Dec. 11th. we would like to spend 4 days at the Galapagos Islands, staying at a hotel, doing day trips.

For the remaining 4 days, we could do day trips around Quito or vist Machu Picchu.

www.enjoy-peru-flights.com gave us the air fare Quito-Lima-Cusco and back to Quito as $540 per person on TACA airlines. This seems higher than what we are paying for the travel between US and Quito.

Can anyone suggest a way to get a cheaper air fare beteen Quito and Cusco?

If this is the standard fare, is it worth going to MP?

Thank you.

Maine
Level Contributor
91 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quito-Lima-Cuzco airfare

To me, that seems like a lot of time spent flying in just 8 days. On your 4 day trip to the Galapagos you will spend a good part of 2 of those days just travelling - 1 on the flight out and another on the day of your return. That would leave you with really only 2 days for trips to nearby islands. In my opinion, that's not really enough time to see much.

On the other end of your trip, you'd again be spending a good part of 2 of your 4 days in going to and from airports and waiting to get on a plane, waiting for your luggage, going through customs, etc. If I only had a total of 8 days altogether, I wouldn't want to spend so much time waiting around in airports.

I know that there are tour companies which offer a combined trip to these two places - it might be worth looking into a package deal, especially if your time is so short.

For an 8 day trip, I would prefer either a longer stay in the Galapagos combined with a day or two on either end for day trips in and around Quito - or skip the Galapagos and just do Quito - Cusco - Machu Picchu. It really is hard to squeeze in the Galapagos as just a side trip.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quito-Lima-Cuzco airfare

I would say that is even a good fare, Quito-Lima is surprisingly expensive. But I do agree that you're trying to squeeze a lot into very few days, I think Galapagos plus Ecuadorian Sierra would be plenty for an 8 day trip.

3. Re: Quito-Lima-Cuzco airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 01:18