We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Visit to Papallacta

New York, NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Visit to Papallacta

We will be driving from Quito to Huasquila Amazon Lodge on New Year's Day. We wanted to stop along the way to enjoy the thermal baths at Papallacta. Will this be possible on New Year's Day? Is there someplace specific we should go?

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Visit to Papallacta

I'm sure the baths are open on New Year's Day, but google the Termas de Papallacta - there is a nice hotel there that runs baths, and you could email them. They are the best baths in the area by far. you can pay $6 to access the cheaper baths which are very nice, and $15 to access more exclusive baths where you get a locker and robe included, and you are on the site of a spa as well if you want to opt for a massage, mud wrap, etc (which I highly recommend). If you want a massage, try to book that by email too, or calling from Quito- the slots fill up quickly; if you try to book only when you get there, you might not find a time slot that fits your schedule.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Visit to Papallacta

I am going to Papallacta on the 27th with a group of 7. I made all the arrangements online. Try contacting them through their website or contact Alenandrea through email at:

Alexandra.Molina@termaspapallacta.com

She has been very helpful with our plans.

3. Re: New Year's Visit to Papallacta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 07:21